Norwegian’s Meet The Winemaker is back
If your idea of a holiday involves cruising and sipping vino you may well be interested in Norwegian Cruise Line’s Meet The Winemaker voyages – a wine-centric cruise especially for connoisseurs.
These select itineraries onboard Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Escape and Norwegian Dawn, are a wine lover’s dream with a whole host of special events including private wine-paired dinners, tastings, seminars, activities and opportunities to meet some of the top names in the winemaking game.
This will be the third season of this popular voyage, “Last season was such a success that we are thrilled to bring back this series of incredible wine cruises,” said Mark Kansley, senior vice president of hotel operations at Norwegian Cruise Line. “It has been a great honour to collaborate with these remarkable industry visionaries and provide an innovative culinary program and a one-of-a-kind cruise experience to our guests.”
Wine tastings and wine-paired dinners will be held in The Cellars, NCL’s onboard wine bars. These experiences are priced at $19.95 per person (plus tax and gratuity) and dinners are $60 per person (plus tax and gratuity) respectively.
Alternatively, attend a seminar with wine experts and have your questions answered during the Q&A sessions or meet and greets with famous winemakers such as Salvatore Ferragamo, Rob Mondavi Jr. and Gerard Betrand.
The 2018/19 Meet the Winemaker series schedule:
- September 23, 2018: Norwegian Escape – Celebrity chef and James Beard award winner Aarón Sánchez and official ambassador and spokesperson for Moët-Hennessy’s Argentinian wine, Terrazas De Los Andes.
- October 12, 2018: Norwegian Dawn – Dina Mondavi, daughter of Isabel and Michael Mondavi and four generation winemaker
- October 27, 2018: Norwegian Bliss – Salvatore Ferragamo, heir of famed Italian fashion house and owner of Il Borro Winery in Tuscany, Italy
- December 8, 2018: Norwegian Bliss – Head winemaker at Chateau Ste. Michelle, Bob Bertheau, has maintained the vineyard’s legacy of crafting awarding-winning Chardonnay, Riesling, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- January 12, 2019: Norwegian Bliss – Juan Munoz Oca, head winemaker at Columbia Crest which produces the winery’s portfolio of Reserve, H3, and Grand Estates wines
- February 16, 2019: Norwegian Bliss – Renowned vintner of Languedoc-Roussillo, Gerard Bertrand.
- Norwegian Bliss, Meet the Winemaker cruises include seven-day sailings to Alaska from Seattle during the Summer season, and to the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles and Eastern Caribbean in the Autumn season.
- Norwegian Escape, Meet the Winemaker cruises include sailings from New York.
- Norwegian Dawn, Meet the Winemaker cruises include seven day sailings from Boston to Canada and New England.
For more information on these cruises visit the Norwegian Cruise Line website.