Cabins and Experiences on MSC Meraviglia
Since our return, we’ve written some detailed guides for anyone who is considering sailing on MSC Meraviglia. We’ll cover everything from where to get a drink, see a show, the services onboard to even what your cabin includes!
Our fourth guide shows you the cabins and experiences available on MSC Meraviglia.
If you have never booked an MSC Cruise before you will find they offer a unique booking experience that other cruise lines don’t offer. After you have decided on your ship and itinerary, you pick a cabin grade that you wish to cruise in (inside, balcony, etc) and then an experience. The experience ranges from a standard inclusive no-addons (Bella) to full spa and all-inclusive drinks (Aurea Spa) for the duration of your cruise.
MSC Meraviglia also offers one of the newer experiences that some of the older ships in the fleet don’t have which is called MSC Yacht Club. This is part of the ship which is secluded from the rest of the ship with more luxurious cabins, services and facilities.
Please note, this information was correct as of November 2018. However, from Summer 2019 the Wellness experience will no longer exist and cabins designed for the Wellness experience will be designated to one of the three other experiences (Bella, Fantastica or Aurea), see the deck plan below for details.[xyz-ihs snippet=”bc-inarticle”]
First, we’ll list what is standard in all of the cabins throughout the ship:
- Interactive TV (including safety videos and channels in multiple languages), voyage map and information, show and restaurant reservations, your daily agenda, information about the next port. Movies on demand (chargeable).
- Bedside cabinets with bed light and separate LED reading light
- Wardrobe with several built-in storage drawers and electronic safe.
- Hair dryer (located in the desk drawer)
- Air conditioning controls
- WiFi – for connecting MSC for Me App (free), internet access (chargeable)
- Desk area with drawer, seat and bin, large mirror
- Ice bucket (fillable on request), glasses.
- Do not disturb button
- Make up room button
- Three coat hooks behind the door
- 2 x beach/sunbed towels
- Bathrooms include: Shower, bath towels, storage shelves and cupboard, razor socket, shower and shampoo gel (fixed containers within shower), clothes drying line (located in the shower), hand soap dispenser. Tissues.
Next, onto what cabin types with which experience is available and where you can find them on the ship:
The interior cabin has an approx area of 16 sq. m (172 sq. foot) and includes two single beds (which can be made into a double on request).
- Interior (Bella) – Decks 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14
- Interior (Fantastica) – Decks 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14
- Interior (Wellness) – Deck 13
Total number available: 667
Ocean View cabin
The Ocean View cabins include a porthole-style window that looks out to sea. They have an approx area of 15 sq. m (160 sq. foot) and include a double bed that can be made into two single beds on request. These cabins also include a three-seat sofa (check the deck plans at the bottom for which ones can be made into a bed). The Ocean View cabin also has a large desk area which spans above the minibar and includes a small stool which slides under the desk area.
- Ocean View (Bella) – Decks 5 & 8
- Ocean View (Fantastica) – Decks 5 & 8
- Ocean View (Wellness) – Deck 8
Total number available: 136
The Balcony cabins include a spacious balcony, complete with two chairs and a small table outside. The balcony doors slide across (patio-style) and have a child-lock 3/4 of the way up the door. They have an approx area of 19 sq. m (204 sq. foot). This cabin type also includes a three-seat sofa (check the deck plans at the bottom for which ones can be made into a bed). The Balcony cabin also has a large desk area which spans above the minibar and includes a small stool which slides under the desk area.
- Balcony cabin (Bella) – Decks 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13
- Balcony cabin (Fantastica) – Decks 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 & 14
- Balcony cabin (Wellness) – Decks 8, 13 & 14
- Balcony cabin (Aurea) – Decks 13 & 14
Total number available: 1,274
The Suites are available with the Aurea experience only. They range in size from 27 sq. m (290 sq. foot) to 39 sq. m (420 sq. foot). The Suites offer the same as a Balcony cabin but with a separate lounge/dining area from the bedroom, a larger balcony (usually angled) which also contains its own private whirlpool bath.
- Suites (Aurea) – Decks 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 (all based forward)
Total number available: 10
The Duplex Suites are available with the Aurea experience only. They are 59 sq. m (635 sq. foot) in size over two levels. Downstairs you have a sofa bed, a bathroom with shower and a dining/lounge area, leading out to a large balcony with a private whirlpool bath. Upstairs you have the master bedroom with double bed, full glass window views over your balcony area and there are two walk-in wardrobes and a large bathroom complete with bath.
- Duplex Suites (Aurea) – Decks 9, 10, 12 & 13 (all based forward)
Total number available: 8
MSC Yacht Club suites
The MSC Yacht Club and its suites are all located at the front of the ship from Decks 14 to 18. This area is via keycard access only and also contains the Top Sail Lounge (Deck 16), Top Sail Restaurant (Deck 18), MSC Yacht Club Sundeck & Bar, MSC Yacht Club Grill, Solarium, Pool and whirlpool baths. This area also has its own lift to the MSC Aurea Spa and priority lifts to the rest of the ship.
These suites are 16 sq. m (170 sq. foot) in size and are available in the MSC Yacht Club only. They include a double bed (which can be made into two singles if requested), a small desk area with large mirror and two chairs.
- Interior Suites (MSC Yacht Club) – Decks 14, 15 & 16
Total number available: 15
The MSC Yacht Club Deluxe Suites are based on the Balcony cabins throughout the rest of the ship. However, they are larger in size at 28 sq. m (300 sq. foot). They offer a double bed (available to be made into singles at request) a larger lounge area, with a two-seat sofa, tables and two chairs, Large desk area with large mirror and large flatscreen TV, bathroom with large shower and area. Plus, a large balcony with two chairs and a table. Additionally, a Nespresso-type machine is located in your suite.
- Deluxe Suites (MSC Yacht Club) – Decks 14, 15, 16 & 18
Total number available: 75
Wellness Deluxe Suites
The MSC Yacht Club Wellness Deluxe Suites are the same as the Deluxe Suites but offer an in-room TechnoGym Kinesis; enabling you to work out in the comfort of your suite. These suites will no longer be available after Summer 2019 and will be converted to Deluxe Suites.
- Wellness Deluxe Suites (MSC Yacht Club) – Deck 14
Total number available: 2
The MSC Yacht Club Royal Suites are the grandest suites on MSC Meraviglia. They are 56 sq. m (624 sq. foot) in size. They offer a double bed (which can be converted into singles if requested), a large dining/lounge area, large corner balcony with private whirlpool bath and seating area. Nespresso-type machine and walk-in wardrobe.
- Royal Suites (MSC Yacht Club) – Deck 15
Total number available: 2
Cabins for guests with reduced mobility or disabilities
Throughout MSC Meraviglia there are 54 cabins (32 Balcony / 22 Interior) and 1 Deluxe Suite (MSC Yacht Club) which are slightly larger than the rest for people with disabilities or reduced mobility. These are part of the cabins above and not separate. They include a larger cabin and bathroom door width, larger floor area around the cabin, grab rails on the toilet and a fold-down seat in the shower. Please see the deck plans for the location of these cabins.
Cabins for families
Throughout MSC Meraviglia there are 85 cabins available for families, these are part of the cabins listed above and not separate. They are capable of accommodating up to 10 people in comfort by connecting two or three cabins together (Balcony, Ocean View or Interior). They are only available with the Fantastica experience. Please see the deck plans below for details of these cabins.
All MSC Meraviglia bathrooms (apart from the suites and some disabled cabins) look like the following:
After you have picked your cabin type, you need to pick an experience type. The MSC Experiences available on MSC Meraviglia are as follows:
This is the default experience type. It includes all your food from the buffet and dining rooms for the entire voyage (but not the speciality restaurants or room service items). It also doesn’t include drinks or anything from your minibar. But drinks from the self-service area in the buffet are free, as is water in the restaurants. It also includes the gym (but not spa), all your shows and entertainment and the kids’ clubs. Finally, it also includes indoor and outdoor pools and whirlpool baths.
The Fantastica experience offers everything in the Bella and better cabin locations, free room-service breakfast (no charge or delivery fee), free room service delivery (the food is still chargeable), additional kids club classes, priority choice of dinner setting (early or late), 50% discount on fitness classes and personal trainer discount and one complimentary photo taken during the Mediterranean night for each guest in the cabin.
The Wellness experience offers everything the Fantastica experience offers and in addition a 1:1 health check-up exclusive Wellness shore activities and one compliment fitness class per day, one sports drink per day in your minibar, unlimited water in your cabin, restaurants and buffet, Welcome Wellness kit in your cabin (T-Shirt, shorts, sports towel and wellness device), inclusive laundry service for your gym gear, tailored fitness programme and a complimentary group photo of everyone else on the Wellness experience!
The Wellness experience will be phased out on MSC Meraviglia from Summer 2019 when the new deck plans come into effect (see the bottom of the post for further details).
The Aurea package is the top package available on MSC Meraviglia it includes all the benefits of the Bella and the Fantastica packages and also the standard unlimited drinks package, full unlimited access to Top 19 the Exclusive Solarium sundeck with private whirlpool (see our deck by deck guide for details on this), a wellness package which includes one massage of your choice from the spa menu, tanning shower, spa welcome cocktail, private wellness consultation and full access to the MSC Aurea Spa thermal area (sauna, steam room and many others), a Med by MSC room diffuser (100ml), bathrobe and slippers in your cabin, priority boarding on your embarkation day, free choice of dining (just turn up between 6.30pm and 9.30pm to dine in the Panorama Restaurant).
MSC Yacht Club
The MSC Yacht Club is the most luxurious way to travel onboard MSC Meraviglia. Comprising of a separate set of areas at the front of the ship, with keycard-only access this experience is becoming rapidly popular with MSC passengers.
It offers everything the Aurea experience offers along with:
- Dedicated priority check-in and check-out
- Butler service available 24 hours
- Dedicated concierge 24 hours a day
- Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers)
- Unlimited drinks in all MSC Yacht Club areas including the mini-bar in your suite. Unlimited deluxe beverage selection will also be available in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selection available in each venue.
- Free Thermal Suite and direct private lift to the MSC Aurea Spa
- 24-hour room service (delivery is free)
- Gourmet dining in the private MSC Yacht Club restaurant; free choice of dining time during restaurant opening hours
- Dedicated exclusive Sun Deck with pool, whirlpool, solarium and bar
- Panoramic Top Sail Lounge with bar, afternoon tea service and light food service 20 hours a day
- Live music available every night in the Top Sail Lounge
MSC Yacht Club is in high demand, so much so that MSC Cruises are building four MSC Yacht Club only cruise ships in the next few years.
Please note you can purchase the drinks packages, spa packages and access to the Top 19 deck individually before you sail with any package. You can also book these onboard, but they will be more expensive and possibly have a 15% service charge added. Check the MSC website for details.
- MSC Meraviglia deck plans (from Summer 2019) [MSC Website]
- MSC Experiences comparison table [pdf]
- MSC Yacht Club benefits on MSC Meraviglia [pdf]
- MSC Meraviglia deck plan key [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 5 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 6 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 7 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 8 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 9 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 10 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 11 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 12 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 13 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 14 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 15 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 16 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 18 deck plan [image]
- MSC Meraviglia deck 19 deck plan [image]
We hope you enjoyed this guide! In our next guide, we’ll be covering all the included dining options available whilst sailing on MSC Meraviglia.[xyz-ihs snippet=”bc-inarticle”]