Cabins and Experiences
Welcome to Part 4 of our Everything MSC Magnifica series. In this part, we’ll talk about the cabins available on the ship. (If you missed it, our entire 14-night live-blog from our cruise is available to catch up on!)
If you have never booked an MSC Cruise before you will find they offer a unique booking experience that other cruise lines don’t offer. After you have decided on your ship and itinerary, you pick a cabin grade that you wish to cruise in (inside, balcony, etc) and then an experience. The experience ranges from a standard inclusive no-addons (Bella) to full spa and all-inclusive drinks (Aurea Spa) for the duration of your cruise.
This guide shows you the cabins and experiences available on MSC Magnifica and how each of the available experiences relates directly to the ship. This information is correct as of July 2018.[xyz-ihs snippet=”bc-inarticle”]
First, we’ll list what is standard in all of the cabins:
- Interactive TV (Including ship map, view from the front of the ship)
- Bedside cabinets with drawers and lights
- Tea/Coffee making facility + 2 cups + 2 glasses
- Minibar and Safe
- Wardrobe with built-in storage drawers
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Desk area with drawer, seat and bin. Large mirror.
- Bathrooms include: Shower, towels, storage shelves and cupboards, razor socket, shower and shampoo gel (fixed containers within shower), clothes drying line (in the shower). Hand soap dispenser.
Next, onto what cabin types with which experience is available and where you can find them on the ship:
The inside cabin has an approx area of 13 sq. m (140 sq. foot) and includes two pull-down beds for children (or additional storage if you wish) and two single beds (which can be made into a double on request – although not all disabled cabins offer this ability).
- Interior (Bella) – Decks 5, 8, 9 and 10
- Interior (Fantastica) – Decks 11 and 12
- Interior (Wellness) – Deck 12
Outside cabin with partial view
These cabins look out onto the lifeboats and are situated on only one deck, therefore your view is restricted compared to a normal Ocean View cabin. They have an approx area of 16 sq. m (172 sq. foot) and include a small table and a single/double seat as well as the single beds that can be made into a double (on request). Some cabins have bunk beds – check the deck plan and key below for information.
- Outside with partial view (Bella) – Deck 8
Ocean View cabin
These cabins have a large porthole-style window that looks out to sea. They have an approx area of 16 sq. m (172 sq. foot) and include a small table and a single/double seat as well as the single beds that can be made into a double (on request). Some cabins have bunk beds – check the deck plan and key below for information.
- Ocean View (Fantastica) – Decks 5, 8, 12
- Ocean View (Wellness) – Deck 12
These cabins have their own private balcony and include a small table and two chairs outside. The balcony door is lockable in case you have children. They include two single beds which can be made into a double (on request). Some cabins include a single or double sofa bed, check the deck plan and key below for details. The surface area of the balcony cabins ranges from 17 sq. m (183 sq foot) to 23 sq. m (248 sq foot) – please check the deck plans (at the bottom of this post) to find the locations.
- Balcony (Bella) – Decks 8 and 9
- Balcony (Fantastica) – Decks 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
- Balcony (Wellness) – Deck 12
- Balcony (Aurea) – Decks 12, 14 and 15
The suites on MSC Magnifica come with single beds which can be made into a double (on request), a bathroom which includes a full bath or shower and a larger lounge area with sofa. Some cabins include a single or double sofa bed, check the deck plan and key below for details. The surface area of a suite is approx 31 sq. m (334 sq. foot)
- Suites (Aurea) – Decks 9, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 15
All MSC Magnifica bathrooms (apart from suites and some disabled cabins) look like the following:
After you have picked your cabin type, you need to pick an experience type. The MSC Experiences are as follows:
This is the default experience type. It includes all your food from the buffet and dining rooms for the entire voyage (but not the speciality restaurant or room service items). It also doesn’t include drinks or anything from your minibar. But drinks from the self-service area in the buffet are free, as is water in the restaurants and the coffee/tea making facilities in your cabin. It also includes the gym (but not spa), all your shows and entertainment and the kids’ clubs. Finally, it also includes the indoor and outdoor pool and hot tubs.
The Fantastica experience offers everything in the Bella and better cabin locations, free room-service breakfast (no charge or delivery fee), free room service delivery (the food is still chargeable), additional kids club classes, priority choice of dinner setting (early or late), 50% discount on fitness classes and personal trainer discount, one complimentary photo taken during the Mediterranean night for each guest in the cabin.
The Wellness experience offers everything the Fantastica experience offers and in addition a 1:1 health check-up exclusive Wellness shore activities and one compliment fitness class per day, one sports drink per day in your minibar, unlimited water in your cabin, restaurants and buffet, Welcome Wellness kit in your cabin (T-Shirt, shorts, sports towel and wellness device), inclusive laundry service for your gym gear, tailored fitness programme and a complimentary group photo of everyone else on the Wellness experience!
The Wellness experience will be phased out on MSC Magnifica just before Summer 2019 when the new deck plan comes into effect (see the bottom of this post to view it).
The Aurea package is the top package available on MSC Magnifica it includes all the benefits of the Bella and the Fantastica packages and also the standard unlimited drinks package, full unlimited access to Top 16 the Exclusive Solarium sundeck with private bar (see our deck by deck guide for details on this), a wellness package which includes one massage of your choice from the spa menu, tanning shower, spa welcome cocktail, private wellness consultation and full access to the thermal area (sauna, steam room and others and two indoor hot tubs with ocean views), a Med by MSC room diffuser (100ml), bathrobe and slippers in your cabin, priority boarding on your embarkation day, free choice of dining (just turn up between 6pm and 8.15pm to dine in the restaurant).
Please note that you can actually purchase drinks packages, spa packages and access to the Top 16 deck individually before you sail with any package. You can also book these onboard, but they will be more expensive. Check the MSC website for details.
- MSC Magnifica deck plans (from Summer 2019) [pdf]
- MSC Experiences comparison table [pdf]
- MSC Magnifica deck plan key [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 5 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 6 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 7 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 8 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 9 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 10 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 11 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 12 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 13 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 14 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 15 deck plan [image]
- MSC Magnifica deck 16 deck plan [image]
Read our other Everything MSC Magnifica guides:
- Part 1 – Deck by Deck
- Part 2 – Eat and Drink
- Part 3 – Ultimate Buffet Guide
- Part 4 – Cabins and Experiences
- Part 5 – Ultimate Beverage Guide