Following on from our recent article on Queen Mary 2 Remastered we’ve more updates on the changes due to take place in 2016. Below, we have the changes to the Britannia Club and Britannia Staterooms!
30 new Britannia Club balconies will be built and all the existing Club Balcony staterooms will be refurbished (see schedule below) – they’ll also increase the popular anytime dining capacity in the Britannia Club restaurant.
Additionally, they will build 15 new Britannia single staterooms, meaning for the first time the entire Cunard Line fleet will all have purpose-built single-occupancy staterooms available. Nine single staterooms will be located on Deck 2 and six slightly larger staterooms will be built on Deck 3L.
During the mammoth 25-day dry dock at Blohm+Voss shipyard (Hamburg) half of Queen Mary 2’s Britannia Balcony staterooms will be refurbished. With the remaining half being gradually done throughout 2017.
Again, like the Queen’s and Princess Grills – carpets and furnishings will reflect the heritage and elegance of the original Queen Mary and imperial blue and antiqued gold highlights will honour Cunard’s art deco heritage.
Below is a short video of what the new staterooms will look like!
Queen Mary 2 Remastered schedule
During 2016 dry dock
- All Queen’s and Princess Grills suites
- All Britannia Club Balconies on Deck 12
- All Britannia Balconies on Deck 12, Deck 11 and Deck 8
- All Britannia Obstructed Balconies on Deck 8
- BU/BV Grades of Britannia Sheltered Balconies on Deck 6
During 2017 sailings
- Remaining BZ/BY grades of Britannia Sheltered Balconies on Deck 6
- All Britannia Sheltered Balconies on Deck 4 and Deck 5
- All Britannia Ocean Views
- All Britannia Atrium Views
- All Britannia insides