MSC Cruises is to embark on the Company’s most comprehensive new ship launch ever and will carry out the largest face-to-face engagement drive with more than 14,000 travel agents on board MSC Grandiosa. The events will commence in St Nazaire, France when the Company’s newest flagship officially comes into service on 31st October.
Achille Staiano, MSC Cruises VP Global Sales, commented: “The events for the launch of MSC Grandiosa have been carefully designed to enable an extensive programme of activities, events and celebrations for the Travel Agency community, as well as other guests and stakeholders. We have designed an inaugural itinerary for the ship with overnight stays in multiple ports to enable as many Travel Agent partners as possible to stay on board or visit the ship in order to experience it first-hand.”
During the course of the launch events, seven ‘All Stars of the Sea’ awards events will be held to recognize the efforts and achievements of travel agents from all around the world, recognizing MSC Cruises distribution in more than 80 countries. Separate familiarisation tours and presentations will also be given to travel agency front-desk staff, managers, proprietors and tour operators.
MSC Grandiosa will remain in the Port of Hamburg from 6-10 November with the Christening on the evening of the 9th. The Blue Port will be condensed into a maritime stage around the Elbphilharmonie. Twenty locations in Hamburg’s harbour will become ambassadors of light art, shining with a significant blue light, mixing industrial harbour light with graphic drawing. The colour blue is significant for the events as it part of MSC Cruises livery as well as representing water to symbolise MSC Cruises’ long-standing commitment to the ocean. With respect for the environment and the climate, many small lights with low energy consumption will be used. The dazzling installations will be created by renowned international light artist Michael Batz.
- Series of events and celebrations span 27 days, 8 countries and 11 ports
- More than 14,000 Travel Agents from over 40 countries to experience MSC Cruises’ newest flagship
- Four nights of festivities with special events for the city Hamburg
- MSC Cruises to light-up 19 locations in the Port of Hamburg with international light artist Michael Batz
Some of the guest highlights of this new state-of-the-art ship include:
- Two original new shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea
- The Mediterannean Promenade is lined with restaurants including the new restaurant Il Campo and mall-style shopping and above, the 93 metre-long LED Sky Screen displays atmospheric images and animations throughout the day and night
- Immersive art experience in L’Atelier Bistrot with 26 original etchings by French Impressionist Edgar Degas
- Dedicated kids areas designed in partnership with LEGO and Chicco
- Plus the world’s first virtual personal cruise assistant, ZOE, in every cabin.
MSC Grandiosa will commence her regular 7-night cruises in the Western Mediterranean from 23rd November with six embarkation ports calling Genoa, Civitavecchia, Italy; Palermo, Sicily; Valetta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain and Marseille, France.
She recently completed her sea trials from Saint-Nazaire and will be handed over to the company on October 31st.