Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas is the next ship that will undergo their Amplification program – with a $110 Million dollar drydock due in early 2020.
New features include The Perfect Storm racer waterslides, Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen, a fresh twist on a guest-favourite; a redesigned, resort-style poolscape with signature poolside bar The Lime & Coconut; and transformed kids and teens spaces.
Following on from her drydock program beginning May 7, 2020, Explorer of the Seas – will be the first amplified ship to cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia) and set sail on 7- and 9-night itineraries to the best of Italy and the Greek isles, from Santorini to Mykonos and Crete.
Vacationers will soak up a new scene on Explorer of the Seas’ maxed-out top decks. Adventures of every kind and for every guest will join the lineup of Royal Caribbean favourites already in play, like the FlowRider surf simulator, a decked-out Sports Court – complete with basketball, soccer and volleyball; rock-climbing wall, and mini-golf. The noteworthy experiences are:
- The Perfect Storm, the popular duo of waterslides, raise the stakes and friendly competition. Guests with the need for speed will race each other through three stories of twists and turns on Cyclone and Typhoon
- A reimagined poolscape brings a new, resort-style look and all-day island vibes, making for the ultimate place to unwind under the sun or stars with a wider variety of seating, from hammocks and daybeds to casitas and in-pool loungers. Adults looking for alone time can escape to the rejuvenated Solarium
- The Lime & Coconut is Royal Caribbean’s signature, poolside bar. The three-level slice of the Caribbean will serve up live music, vacation-mode cocktails and the best views of the action on board as well as the Mediterranean landscape from the rooftop deck
Ample Culinary Possibilities
While sailing the Mediterranean, guests can savour even more flavours from around the world onboard Explorer of the Seas. Royal Caribbean will expand on the diverse offering of restaurants, bars and lounges that include Asian cuisine at Izumi, the popular Chops Grille American steakhouse, Boleros Latin lounge, Schooner Bar and more. New venues coming to the table include:
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen is the cruise line’s new take on its signature Italian restaurant. The reimagined trattoria will welcome guests to a casual setting and offer classics with a contemporary flair. From hand-tossed pizzas fresh out of the oven and made to order, to charcuterie delights, the elevated menu caps off this “Sunday supper” experience with a wide selection of wines and limoncellos from many of Italy’s well-known regions
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, the high-energy spot where guests can root for their home team as the game plays across 52 TVs. On offer will be an extensive menu of bar fare favorites with a twist and ice-cold brews, games of all kinds – arcade classics, trivia, tournaments and pool; and the Owner’s Box VIP area
- Johnny Rockets Express makes its way poolside with American favorites – even spiked shakes
- A standalone Starbucks comes aboard with its signature menu of drinks and pastries
More Ways to Play
Explorer’s amped-up activities and entertainment will take center stage. From a new laser tag experience to a top-to-bottom redesign of the dedicated kids and teens spaces, everyone can revel in the excitement. The featured highlights making their way onboard are:
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag debuts in Studio B, the venue that doubles as an ice-skating rink for guests and jaw-dropping shows. The latest Royal Caribbean challenge, Clash for the Crystal City will bring two clans – the Yetis and Snowshifters – head to head in the ultimate faceoff to escape extinction
- The new Adventure Ocean will come to life following a major makeover. The award-winning program for younger guests and their families introduces an open, imaginative layout with whimsical and immersive activities. Kids 6 to 12 years old can choose their own adventure, while babies and 3- to 5-year-olds enjoy specially designed spaces for each age group
- An exclusive teens hangout will sport a whole new look and features, including the latest in movies, gaming and music, and the addition of a private outdoor deck
During its time in the Eastern Mediterranean, Explorer of the Seas will be joined by the reimagined Allure of the Seas, the iconic Oasis Class ship cruising the Western Mediterranean from Barcelona. Summer 2020 marks Royal Caribbean’s boldest season in Europe yet, with two amplified ships among the lineup sailing to bucket-list destinations filled with culture, history and adventure.